What Is Coaching?
Coaching is a form of learning where one person supports another to generate new thinking, create learning and self-development, and to promote focused attention and action to create positive change. The Coach does this by creating and holding a space for the Client to think deeply, promoting self-awareness and responsibility through powerful conversation, and then running with the energy and ideas that come with the moments of insight and inspiration that result.
"You are today where your thoughts have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you."
What Is The Difference Between Coaching And Counselling?
Often people feel discontent in their lives and are looking for help to feel better. The may feel at a loss as to what to do about it. They have thought about Counselling, but are reluctant to sign up for Counselling, as someone who is seeking Counselling must have something wrong with them…right? And they certainly wouldn’t want to tell anyone they are receiving Counselling.
So what does a person do, when they want help, but don’t want to get Counselling? There is an alternative it is called Life Coaching. Life Coaching certainly does not have the same stigma that ‘counselling’ has, as well as there are some differences that may appeal to some.
Here is a comparison between Life Coaching and Counselling:
Works towards outcomes
Does not give advice
Asks the question “How can we change?”
The client has the answers – assisted by the Coach to find their own solutions
Works towards emotions
Gives advice and recommendations
Asks the question “Why should we change?”
The counsellor has the answers – gives diagnosis and treatment
While it is important to note that these professions are different in a number of ways, there is no reason to suggest that one is better than the other or that they cannot coexist. In fact, there may be certain occasions where an individual feels they need the services of one and are referred to the other for more suitable services. In addition, many coaches were once counsellors and many counsellors have knowledge of coaching practices.
Reasons Why You Would Hire a Life Coach:
* A Coach keeps you accountable. Many of us have experienced where we want to accomplish something. We may even know what we need to do to get it some, but we just don't do it. A Coach can help you with that.
* A Coach Saves you time and money. Often when we try to do things on our own, we end up wasting a lot of time and money procrastinating, or trying to figure out what we should do. A Coach can help you with that.
* A Coach keeps you calm. When life just isn't going the way you want, we tend to get stressed and that can keep us from moving forward. Coaches help keep things in perspective.
* A Coach can give you ideas you never thought of. Sometimes having a second person in your corner can help you come of with ideas, that you would have never thought of on your own.
* A Coach can help you find happiness in your life. Life is crazy at times, and we are so busy that we end up finding ourselves unhappy with our situation in life. Coaches can help you to turn things around, so you can find happiness.
* A Coach can help you get un-stuck. People sometimes feel between a rock and a hard place, and just don't know what to do. Coaches can help you find clarity and discover other options.
* A Coach can help you change your thinking so you can change your results.
Sure you could buy a Self Help Book or a Diet Book and see if you can get the results you are looking for on your own. But the fact is - you are a special, unique individual. Books are tailored for the masses. You are not like everyone else, you are only like you, and this is where a Coach comes in. A Coach helps you navigate your desires that are unique to you. A book just can't help you with all the twists and turns you are going to face on your journey. Instead of wasting money on book after book to get your desired results. A Coach will get you there faster and without all the searching.
Top Reasons Why Most People Hire a Life Coach:
1. To achieve a goal and be successful
2. To find happiness
3. To find life purpose
4. Personal development
5. Self Improvement
6. To be more confident
Weight Loss Coaching - What cravings mean, and how to manage them.
How sugar addiction keeps you from losing weight, and what you need to do about it.
Contact Adriana to see if Coaching is right for you:
Life Coaching - When you feel stuck in life and feel like the cup is half empty, we can change our thinking to begin to see the cup as half full.
Helps you change your thinking
so you can change your results.
"Life Can Feel Good!"
Weight Loss Coaching